Gifts for College Graduation
Your son or daughter has spent many years at college studying for the profession they’ve chosen, and now all the hard work is over and they are ready to graduate.
A time for looking back on lessons learned,
adventures shared, bright moments filled
with special meaning.
A time to say goodbye to old friends,
to good times you've known... a time for
packing away memories, treasures for tomorrow
A time for looking forward, a time to set new goals,
to dream new dreams, to try your wings and see what lies beyond
Graduation gifts are a token of the pride you feel when you see your child graduate so here are a few suggestions including budget items:
- Engraved Coffee Cup - Have a coffee mug specially made putting your child’s name and the year they graduated on it. You could also put the name of the college on it. This is a gift they can use for years and every time they use it, it will remind them of their days at college.
- Nurse’s Pendant - If your child has graduated as a nurse, one of the greatest graduation gifts you can give them is a sterling silver, diamond studded nurse’s pendant which has the caduceus medical symbol on it. This is a wonderful gift which will be cherished forever. Engrave the back with the graduation date and the college they graduated from.
- Autographed Graduate Picture Frame - This is the same idea as using an autograph book except that you ask all the classmates to autograph the picture frame. When completed, place a photo of your son and daughter inside the frame and all their classmates’ names will surround the photo. This is a great personalized graduation gift.
- Luggage - A lot of students once they graduate, decide to travel for a while, so one of the most practical graduation gifts is a piece of luggage, whether it’s a suitcase or a backpack. They will appreciate the gift which will be with them on all their travels whether domestic or overseas.
- Watch - A watch is a keepsake and you can either buy an expensive one or one that is more in line with your budget. As a lasting memento have it engraved as a remembrance of their special day.
- Memory Book - As a special memento, you can gather a collection of great photos and information about their college years, and do up a special book displaying all those memories. You can gather your information and photos from classmates and turn it into a really special graduation gift. They’ll look at it in the years to come and remember the wonderful times they had at college.
- Camera - If the graduate is going on a trip, then a camera is one of those graduation gifts which will last for years and get plenty of use. Once again there is a great range to choose from and the variance in pricing is amazing. Buy a good digital camera so that they can download their photos onto CD’s and keep them forever.
- Leather Briefcase or Laptop Bag - Depending on the profession they have chosen to go into, they will need one or the other of these two items and in some cases they’ll need both. This will be a lasting graduation gift depending on the quality of the leather, and one which will be used extensively.
Graduation is a special time for everyone from the student, to the parents and family, and to friends, so choosing graduation gifts to reflect this most special event is imperative.
Graduation ideas - tips on celebrating with your new graduate
GPA Calculator - fastest way to calculate your high school or college grade point average
Hairstyles for Graduation - create the perfect formal hair style for your special day
Graduation Party Games & Ideas - easy to use list of games to play for all ages